Incentives for Film Production
On March 24, 2009 Former Governor Bob Riley signed into law the Entertainment Industry Incentive Act of 2009. A qualified production company shall be entitled to a 25% rebate of all state certified expenditures and 35% of all payroll paid to residents of Alabama for the state certified production. Production expenditures for a project must equal or exceed at least $500,000 but must not exceed $20,000,000.
The Rules & Regulations for the Alabama incentive program have been approved and adopted. For more detailed information click on the link below (Please have your legal or tax advisors read the Rules & Regulations and how they will apply to your project)
New Alabama Immigration Laws
There is a new Alabama statute dealing with illegal immigration within the state that you and your company need to know about. Gaining a working knowledge of this statute is very important for your company. Unless your company is in compliance with this statute your company can not as a matter of law receive incentives from the State of Alabama. Further, there are significant penalties for noncompliance. This statute is known as the Beason-Hammon Alabama Taxpayer Incentive Act, Act No. 2011-353 (the “Act”). A copy of the Act can be provided upon request.
The Alabama Film Office recommends that you discuss the Act with your attorney and Human Resources Department. We are happy to have your company in our state. Compliance with the Act by your company will allow AFO to assist your company in receiving all available incentives without undue delay or interruption.
To apply for the Alabama Film incentives, please fill out the application and mail to the address below.
Include in the Application Packet:
Signed and completed application form
$100.00 Application Fee
Shooting script and script synopsis
- Mail a signed copy of your application to:
- Alabama Film Office
- Brenda Hobbie
- Incentives Coordinator
- 401 Adams Avenue, Suite 170
- Montgomery, AL 36104
- Once Your Application is Approved:
- Continuing Requirements
- YOU MUST REGISTER YOUR OUT OF STATE'S BUSINESS NAME CLICK HERE AND ALSO
- You must Register to Do Business in the State of Alabama with the Secretary of States Office.
- FOREIGN CORPORATIONS
- (If you have any questions please contact the Alabama Film Office 334-242-4195 or the Secretary of States Business Services 334-242-5324)
- All Loan Out Companies must Register to Do Business in the State of Alabama.
(You must also withdraw your business once you have filed your Alabama Income Tax Form)
- Form Needed for each In-State-Hire (Must also have proof of Residency contact Alabama Film Office for further information)
If you do not have the FREE Acrobat Reader previously installed, click on the icon below to go to Adobe's web site.